First Tee is a youth development organization that enables kids to build the strength of character that empowers them through a lifetime of new challenges. By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with a life skills curriculum, we create active learning experiences that build inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that kids can carry to everything they do.
At First Tee - Augusta, we help kids discover what's inside of them, guide them to strengthen it, and mentor them to put it into action in everything they do. We've spent ~20 years building experiences that build character to empower kids through a lifetime of new challenges and continuous personal growth. Experiences are our greatest teacher. We believe in creating ones that are just as fun as they are meaningful, where kids feel excited to grow, safe to fail, and better equipped for whatever comes their way next.
Our chapter is unique, and so are the young people and families we serve. We create opportunities to hear, share and learn from the perspective of others. We empower diverse voices to help us shape and evolve our approach to build greater relevance for our work. First Tee - Augusta is not about improving your golf score. It's about strengthening what young people bring to everything they do, including golf.
Our Code of Conduct
Respect for Myself
Respect for Others
- I will dress neatly in a clean shirt tucked into pants or shorts, and I will wear golf shoes or athletic shoes.
- I will try my best and keep a positive attitude when I play or practice.
- I will eat right, get enough sleep, and take care of myself so I can stay healthy.
Respect for My Surroundings
- I will be friendly, courteous, and helpful.
- I will follow instructions and safety rules.
- I will have fun without being loud and rowdy.
- I will be honest and be a good sport, whether I win or lose.
- I will keep the golf course, practice areas and equipment clean and in as good or better shape than I found them.
- I will clean and take care of my golf clubs.
- I will be careful not to damage anything that belongs to others.
I am a member of First Tee - Augusta.
I strive to be the best version of myself that I can be.
I am COURTEOUS
at all times.
myself, others and my surroundings.
I take RESPONSIBILITY
for my actions.
I have CONFIDENCE
in my abilities and know how to ask for help when I need it.
in difficult situations on and away from the golf course.
I show good SPORTSMANSHIP
when I win or lose with grace
I will use good JUDGMENT
in all that I do.
I will live a life filled with HONESTY
I know that I am special and that my First Tee Family cares about me.